One Man Band Games
Based in Munich, Germany
1st of June, 2015
"Blowy Fish" is an endless 2D sidescrolling game in which you play golf with a helpless blowfish. Said fish must be catapulted across a randomly generated landscape that bears increasingly diffcult enemies and obstacles. Other than most "endless"-style games, "Blowy Fish" features a level mode with checkpoints so the game can actually be beaten for that sweet feeling of accomplishment. A real "endless"-mode with high scores is still included as well. Players can collect starfish during their runs which can be exhanged for cosmetical items to beautify the blowfish. Items can be combined, and no one will judge you for creating a suit-wearing blowfish sporting a mohawk with hipster glasses. The Steam version comes with Steam achievements, leaderboards and Trading cards. The mobile versions of the game are completely free without any In-App-purchases. The mobile versions contain moderate advertisements that reward the players with bonus starfish if they watch them.
Blowy Fish started out as a small test project to evaluate the Unity engine after the completion of "Planets Gone Rogue!". Since the early prototype was fun to play in its basic state, and Peter discovered that Unity made it fairly easy to create fish wearing suits , it was decided that the jumping blowfish will be OMBGs next release. The game was released on Android on the first of June 2015. Following the successful release on Android, the game was ported over to the Windows Phone platform. Since Peter was asked repeatedly for a PC version of the game, Blowy Fish was entered as a Steam Greenlight candidate and was successfully greenlit shortly afterwards. The Steam Version of the game was released on the 25th of September 2015.
- Procedural generated levels
- 2 Game modes: Switch between level-based and endless play
- 50 different levels, each with an unique combination of obstacles to overcome
- Colorful comic artstyle
- Unlockable Hats, Costumes etc. to change the appearance of your character
- Integrated Achievements, Scoreboards and social sharing
Blowy Fish Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The game is also addictive enough that intending to play for a minute or two can quickly turn into an hour or two!"
- Heinrich Bolton, GAMERamble
- "If you can’t get enough of physics based platforming Blowy Fish will be right up your alley."
- Craig Forshey , Super Game Droid
- "If you want to experience an underwater physics-based adventure, Blowy Fish is an exceptional platform game coming to your Android device."
- Alper Çetiner, Tamindir
About One Man Band Games
One Man Band Games is the single person project of Munich based game developer Peter Wagner. Starting out only with mediocre programming skills but an immense love for everything videogame-related, he teaches himself in coding, art, music and writing until you will like the games he is about to create.
More information on One Man Band Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blowy Fish Credits
Coding, Artwork, Music
With SoundFX from
OMBG on Twitter
OMBG on Facebook
OMBG on Google+